Apply to join our team as a Technology Manager or Assistant Technology Manager!
The Memphis office of UTRF is seeking a Technology Manager/Assistant Technology Manager with a background in life science or chemistry to manage the commercialization of early stage discoveries.
The Technology Manager will be involved in all aspects of the technology transfer process. Specifically, the Technology Manager will be responsible for:
- Building relationships with research groups across campus to identify new intellectual property.
- Performing comprehensive evaluations of inventions, including determinations of patentability, commercial potential, and path-to-market.
- Managing patent preparation and prosecution. This includes selection of external patent counsel, working with the inventors to file applications prior to publication dates, and overseeing ongoing prosecution.
- Developing and deploying marketing campaigns to attract licensees.
- Negotiating commercialization agreements. This includes preparing and exchanging term sheets, contract drafting (from UTRF templates), and direct negotiation with prospective licensees.
- Overseeing active licenses to ensure licensee compliance.
- Promoting and supporting faculty and student entrepreneurship.
Position level will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. This position reports to the UTRF Vice President and is Market Range 14.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. citizen or resident alien with a green card.
This position is ideal for the following candidates:
- Postdoctoral scientists seeking a technology transfer career
- Attorneys with a technical background
- Pharmaceutical/biotech scientists
- Experienced technology transfer professionals
Education: Graduate degree in Chemistry, Biology, Biotechnology or a related field.
Experience: No previous technology transfer experience required. Academic research experience, including at least one publication required.
Job Skills: Outstanding written and oral communications skills. Ability to quickly understand unfamiliar research and technologies. Ability to read and understand technical literature. Ability to multi-task.
Experience: Three years of experience in technology transfer and/or pharmaceutical/biotech industry experience.
Education: Terminal degree in life sciences or chemistry (PhD, MD, PharmD)
For full consideration candidates must submit resume, cover letter and references here.