Technology transfer is a process that moves innovations from UT to an external partner to create products and services for public benefit. This process is a partnership between inventors and UTRF.
UTRF Invention Disclosure Submission
Assessment of Patentability
- Background literature search
- Stage of development
- Incremental step or breakthrough
- Market need
- Competing products
- Pain points the technology solves
- Potential customer identification
- Filing patent applications
- Managing copyright, know-how, and patents
If your innovation lacks market potential, you will receive a formal close letter from UTRF relinquishing UTRF’s commercialization rights.