The University of Tennessee Research Foundation provides technology transfer for the University of Tennessee and assists the University of Tennessee in cultivating an environment inclusive of scientific and entrepreneurial excellence. Through offices in Knoxville and Memphis, UTRF connects UT’s research community to industry and startups by strategically evaluating, protecting, and licensing technology.
Marketing Manager Job Responsibilities
The UT Research Foundation’s Marketing Manager works to promote the organization to a wide range of audiences by designing and executing marketing and communications strategies.
The Marketing Manager must be able to independently manage multiple projects and provide UTRF staff with marketing, communications, and graphic design services. The successful candidate will demonstrate a strong work ethic, critical thinking skills, and the ability to develop and execute effective campaign strategies. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support and manage the brand of UTRF.
- Design, write, edit and distribute reports, presentation materials, brochures, newsletters, monthly reports, press releases, and other UTRF documents.
- Administer the UTRF website.
- Create and manage a comprehensive social media strategy.
- Direct and manage publicity efforts to highlight successes to all stakeholders.
- Plan, advertise, and implement UTRF-hosted campus events, including the Innovation Awards ceremony, informational seminars and more.
- Coordinate with other marketing and communications professionals at UT to support the overall University brand.
- Other duties as needed.
Requirements for Qualification
- Bachelor’s degree required: communications, journalism, digital media, marketing, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of marketing and/or communications experience in a professional setting preferred.
- Candidates should be prepared to provide sample work demonstrating writing, editing, and graphic design skills.
- 2+ years of marketing, design and/or communications experience in a professional setting preferred.
- Science/technology communications experience is preferred, but not required.
In order to receive full consideration, candidates must submit a cover letter, resume, and references.