Presentation slides (pdf)
Dr. Maha Krishnamurthy, UTRF Assistant Vice President of Licensing, presented an overview of Intellectual Property and Technology Commercialization to an audience of Vol Court students on Wednesday evening.
- The definition of IP
- How to determine what it protectable and what is not
- Forms of IP protection – including patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights
- Understanding what a patent is and what it does
- What types of things are patentable and what are the requirements?
- What can cause the loss of patent rights?
- Things to consider with different forms of IP protection
As the presentation wrapped up, many excellent questions from the audience created an insightful Q & A session with Dr. Krishnamurthy. For more information on Intellectual Property or the Vol Court, please contact UTRF.
Vol Court is a six-week entrepreneurial speaker series that culminates in a pitch competition where attendees put what they’ve learned into practice by presenting their business ideas to a panel of successful entrepreneurs for a chance to win $1,500 in cash, office space in the UTRF Business Incubator and various professional services.