The annual maturation grant funding program aims to assist researchers in advancing new technologies on the path to market by awarding up to $15,000 in direct costs to the highest ranking proposals.
Check back this fall for more information about the 2022-2023 Maturation Grant program!
- Open to all UT researchers, faculty, staff and students at all campuses and institutes.
- Projects must be related to an existing UT invention disclosure, OR a proposal can be accompanied by a new UT invention/creation disclosure.
- All proposals should clearly respond to the four questions outlined in the proposal application.
- Proposals that only generate basic research results should not be submitted.
- Please read the appropriate application overview (updated yearly) and complete the UTRF Technology Maturation Grant Proposal application. Other forms of submission will not be accepted.
- The proposal should not exceed 2 pages, excluding references and figures. One page of references and one page of figures may be included as appendices. Half a page is allotted for each question on the application. Therefore, the proposal plus the appendices must not exceed 4 pages.
- The proposal should be received by the campus-specific research office by posted deadline date.
A panel of technical and business experts from inside and outside of the university will rank-order projects based on the following criteria:
- Demonstration of a Path for Commercial Development
- Market Potential
- Stage of Development
Examples of Eligible Projects
- Establishment of application or proof-of-concept.
- Prototype development.
- Addressing specific questions or suggested improvements from potential licensees.
- Meaningfully improving intellectual property related to a technology.
- To date, more than $1,000,000 in awards has been made to more than 90 projects.
- Complete list of past winners