When: Tuesday, April 18th 11:30 AM – 1:00 PM (lunch is provided with registration)
Where: 156/157 Plant Biotechnology Building
2431 Joe Johnson Drive (UTIA campus)
Knoxville, TN 37996-4561
Patrick Torre, Registered Patent Attorney, King and Schickli, PLLC, will present an overview of intellectual property and the basics of patent protection. We will also be discussing the Technology Commercialization process and attendees will be given the opportunity to ask specific questions pertaining to their work at the university.
- The definition of IP
- How to determine what it protectable and what is not
- Forms of IP protection – including patents, trade secrets, trademarks, and copyrights
- Understanding what a patent is and what it does
- What types of things are patentable and what are the requirements?
- What can cause the loss of patent rights?
- Things to consider with different forms of IP protection
- Technology Transfer at the University of Tennessee