The role of marketing at UTRF is to raise the profile of the Office, the University, and our portfolio of technologies to audiences both internal and external. The Marketing Coordinator manages UTRF marketing efforts by designing and implementing marketing and communications strategies.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for ensuring that UTRF’s communications effectively reach a broad audience of stakeholders including UT faculty, staff, and students; University administration; UT alumni and supporters; potential corporate partners; and key opinion leaders such as elected officials, the University’s Board of Trustees, and other technology transfer offices.
The Marketing Coordinator must be an independent worker with the ability to manage multiple projects and provide UTRF staff across the state with marketing, communications, and graphic design services. The successful candidate will not be just a hard worker, but someone who demonstrates the capability to think critically and assist UTRF management in developing and executing a strategy for raising UTRF’s internal and external profile.
- Design, write, edit and distribute reports, presentation materials, technology brochures, newsletters, press releases, and other UTRF documents.
- Administer the UTRF website.
- Direct publicity efforts to highlight successes to internal and external partners.
- Work with the UTRF technology managers to develop and implement specific marketing strategies for individual technologies or technology bundles.
- Plan, advertise, and implement UTRF-hosted campus events, including our Innovation Awards ceremony, informational seminars, coffee breaks and more.
- Create and manage a comprehensive social media strategy
- Coordinate with other marketing and communications professionals at UT to support the overall University brand.
- Other duties as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree required: communications, journalism, digital media, marketing, or equivalent.
- 2+ years of marketing and/or communications experience in a professional setting preferred.
- Candidates should be prepared to provide sample work demonstrating writing, editing, and graphic design skills.
- Science/technology communications experienced preferred, but not required.
In order to receive full consideration, candidates must apply with cover letter, resume, and references.
UT Research Foundation