Interested in starting a business but don’t know how?
The Anderson Center for Entrepreneurship and Innovation at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, College of Business Administration will offer the chance for students, faculty and the community to learn from entrepreneurs and business experts about the essentials of getting a company off the ground.
The Vol Court spring 2012 session begins Jan. 31 and runs through March 13. Workshop presenters are from various organizations throughout Tennessee, and all have experience with entrepreneurial companies.
The seven-part series will be held Tuesdays at 5:15 p.m. in Room 701 of the Stokely Management Center. The March 13 session includes a pitch competition in which the top presenting individual or team will win $1,000, and the second place team will win $500. Students attending Vol Court will have the opportunity to better prepare themselves for the upcoming campus-wide Undergraduate Business Plan Competition.
Session topis are:
• Jan. 31: Evaluating the Business Opportunity
• Feb. 7: Developing the Business Model
• Feb. 14: Budgeting for and Funding Your Business
• Feb. 21: How to Choose and Set up the Business Structure
• March 28: Pitching Your Business Concept
• March 6: Setting up Your Financial System
• March 13: Pitch Competition Vol Court is sponsored by the UT Federal Credit Union, the UT Research Foundation and Terry Adams Law.
To learn more about the presenters, sponsors, and each session, visit https://www.facebook.com/VolCourt.