UTRF Business Incubator
2450 E.J. Chapman Drive
Knoxville, TN 37996-0001
The UTRF Business Incubator, 2450 E.J. Chapman Drive, provides entrepreneurs with an environment that encourages learning, growth and self-sustainability. Located on the Knoxville campus, participants learn from both experts and each other as they navigate the complex path of starting and building a technology-based business.
- Support for UT faculty, staff, students, alumni, and those affiliated with UT, who want to participate in starting a new technology-based business;
- Business counseling, management-team coaching and preparation for capital funding through the Center for Entrepreneurial Growth (CEG);
- Opportunity to enhance or refine technology, in collaboration with university researchers;
- Access to databases and information available at the UT library;
- Potential to engage with the UT Innovation and Entrepreneurship MBA students for business and market studies;
- Opportunity to access wet-lab facilities and critical instrumentation;
- Office space available at subsidized rates;
- Greater access to federal-contracting opportunities, since the center is located in a designated HUBZone.
The Business Incubator Building on the University of Tennessee Agriculture Campus is an ideal location for start-up businesses. Conveniently located near the heart of downtown, the building provides easy access to major facilities that any new business needs for networking. With adequate parking, a kitchen, spacious office suites and conference rooms – the Incubator Building is the place to be for emerging companies.
-Jennifer Burke, Marketing and Communications Director, Genera Energy
Companies seeking entrance to the UTRF Business Incubator must meet the following criteria:
- The company must be for-profit.
- The company must be technology based.
- The company must have an affiliation with UT. Ideally, the products produced by the company would be based on UT intellectual property, or a research relationship is either in place or could be established with the university to generate new intellectual property.
*These criteria are mandatory and do not guarantee admittance. A review board must evaluate and approve all applications.
- Business Incubator Application: Apply Online
- Download Business Incubator Rate Sheet (PDF)
- Download Incubator Tenant Manual (PDF)