UTRF Hosts ‘Patent Essentials’ Discussion March 27, 2015 Two sessions were held: 9:00 AM – 11:30 AM in the Business Incubator, and 1:30 PM – 3:00 PM in the Min Kao Auditorium. Have you ever had an idea you thought might have commercial potential? If so, where do you start? What resources are available at UT to help?
The UT Research Foundation (UTRF) provides knowledge and resources to help protect your intellectual property and take it to market. To learn more, please view the UTRF seminar entitled ‘Patent Essentials’. This seminar held on March 27, helped delve into important questions about intellectual property and how you and the university benefit from commercialization efforts. UTRF welcomed patent attorneys from the firm of Kenyon and Kenyon who addressed topics such as:
- How does the patent process work?
- What can be patented?
- Who may apply for a patent?
- What are patents?
- How do patents differ from trademarks, service marks, and copyrights?
- How long does the patent process take?
- What are the different types of patents?