Please download the App from an iPad with iOS8.0 or later.
Design, view and share
fetal heart rate and contraction charts and learn the basics of Electronic Fetal Monitoring (EFM) in a fun and intuitive way with the simulated app.
The SEFM app makes learning
a much richer experience by supplementing instruction with demonstration. It works with iPad Air and above and can be used:
- individually, in a home environment,
- in a classroom setting, or
- in a simulated learning environment with standardized patients
EFM is a real-time monitoring
system used in obstetric settings during the labor and birth process, which displays fetal heart rates and maternal contractions (if present). Based on the chart patterns, healthcare professionals (nurses, doctors, etc.) assess the health of the fetus and identify if and when the baby is in distress and take corrective actions accordingly. Over 28,000 fetal monitors are in use today in the U.S. alone, there is substantial demand for professionals trained to read and interpret EFM.
The SEFM app is a fun
and inexpensive way to supplement classroom lectures or simulations using standardized patients.
- Learn at your pace, by generating and saving simulations on your iPad
- Participate in group simulations by receiving simulations from other devices
- Use advanced parameters to further tune the charts
- Broadcast simulations to other devices (via Bluetooth) and guide students in interpreting what they see
With the SEFM app fetal conditions and uterine activity can be altered and output in real-time.