The 2015 AUTM (Association of University Technology Managers) Central Region Meeting was recently held in Nashville, TN. Members of the UTRF staff attended and enjoyed learning and networking with fellow AUTM members. The three day event featured workshops covering useful technology transfer information ranging from Federal Funding to Mobile Apps.
- AUTM Basics: The Life of a Case Manager – Perspectives from Small, Large, and Transition Offices.
- Marketing – Getting Creative Ideas for Success
- Federal Funding Programs – Let’s Go Find Bigfoot
- Positioning Drug Disclosure for Licensing
- Tips, Best Practices, and Pep Talk for Small and Medium Technology Transfer Offices
- Crossroads of Music Business and Technology Transfer
- Fishbowl Fights ( a version of the popular show “Shark Tank”)
- How Should the Technology Transfer Office Work with Its Development Office or Other University Affiliated Fundraising Arm?
- Pitch Perfect – Hitting the Right Notes with “Big Hit” Technology Licensing Issues
- Big Data in Little AUTM Central
- University Startup Support: Balancing the Options
- Know the End Game: Why Understanding Certain Aspects of Litigation is Essential When Negotiating Licenses
- Mobile “Apps”: Do They Apply to You?
- Are We Economic Development or Technology Transfer?
The AUTM meeting provided excellent content, relevant and engaging speakers, and opportunity for UTRF staff to interact with a wide variety of industry experts.