The University of Tennessee Research Foundation (UTRF) is announcing a call for submissions for the fifth annual maturation funding program. Proposals are due by Nov. 18, 2011. The program helps UT researchers further develop technologies that have potential for commercial success. Up to $15,000 (direct costs) will be awarded to the highest ranking proposals.
• Open to all UT researchers (faculty, staff and students) at all campuses and institutes;
• Projects must be related to an existing UT invention/creation disclosure OR a proposal can be accompanied by a new UT invention/creation disclosure;
• Projects should provide new data or further demonstrate the technology to increase its commercial readiness;
• Funds should be directed to labor, materials and services necessary to achieve the proposed deliverable(s);
• Proposal should not exceed three pages and should describe the technology, plan of work, expected results, budget (direct expenses only), and assessment of the commercial opportunities for the technology;
• Proposal should be submitted to the campus-specific research office by Nov. 18, 2011.
• Demonstration of a path for commercial development
• Market potential
• Stage of development
Deadlines & Schedule
Deadline for proposal submission Nov. 18, 2011
Awards announced Dec. 16, 2011
Project start date Jan. 9, 2012
Project completion date Oct. 12, 2012
Final report due Nov. 16, 2012
For more information, please visit the new website, https://utrf.tennessee.edu/techtransfer or contact Joy Fisher (all campuses except Health Science Center) 865-974-0520, email@example.com; Health Science Center contact: Richard Magid, 901-448-1562, firstname.lastname@example.org.