University of Tennessee policies
- Intellectual Property Policy (PDF)
This UT policy describes the ownership of inventions and creations developed by faculty, staff, or students. It also details the procedures under which UTRF will manage the commercialization of inventions and creations. This policy applies to all campuses and institutes of the University of Tennessee.
- Student Technology and Innovation Program Policies & Procedures (PDF)
- UT Conflict of Interest Policies
This UTHSC policy outlines the campus requirements for faculty and staff declaration of outside interests.
- The complete listing of UT policies is available here.
We needed partners to develop and market an invention. UTRF linked us with companies interested in our technology.
-William Hofmeister, Professor, UT Space Institute
UT Research Foundation (UTRF) policies
- Revenue Sharing Policy
This UTRF policy (PDF) outlines how the revenue generated from the commercialization of inventions will be shared with the inventors and the university.
- Tax Treatment of Distribution Under UT's Intellectual Property Policies