“We needed partners to develop and market an invention. UTRF linked us with companies interested in our technology.”William Hofmeister, Professor, UT Space Institute
University of Tennessee policies
- Patents, Copyright, and Intellectual Property Policy (PCIP)This UT policy describes the ownership of inventions and creations developed by faculty, staff, or students. It also details the procedures under which UTRF will manage the commercialization of inventions and creations. This policy applies to all campuses and institutes of the University of Tennessee.
UT Research Foundation (UTRF) policies
- Revenue Sharing Policy This UTRF policy (PDF) outlines how the revenue generated from the commercialization of inventions will be shared with the inventors and the university.
- Revenue Sharing Graphic
- Tax Treatment of Distribution Under UT’s Intellectual Property Policies
Campus Research and Sponsored Program Offices
- UTK Office of Research and Engagement
- UTC Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
- UTM Office of Institutional Research
- UTSI Research
- UTI Sponsored Programs
- UTHSC Office of Research