Business Incubator (Knoxville Campus)
The UTRF Business Incubator, 2450 E.J. Chapman Drive, provides entrepreneurs with an environment that encourages learning, growth and self-sustainability. Located on the Knoxville campus, participants learn from both experts and each other as they navigate the complex path of starting and building a technology-based business.
- Support for UT faculty, staff, students, alumni, and those affiliated with UT, who want to participate in starting a new technology-based business;
- Business counseling, management-team coaching and preparation for capital funding through the Center for Entrepreneurial Growth (CEG);
- Opportunity to enhance or refine technology, in collaboration with university researchers;
- Access to databases and information available at the UT library;
- Potential to engage with the UT Innovation and Entrepreneurship MBA students for business and market studies;
- Opportunity to access wet-lab facilities and critical instrumentation;
- Office space available at subsidized rates;
- Greater access to federal-contracting opportunities, since the center is located in a designated HUBZone.
The Business Incubator Building on the University of Tennessee Agriculture Campus is an ideal location for start-up businesses. Conveniently located near the heart of downtown, the building provides easy access to major facilities that any new business needs for networking. With adequate parking, a kitchen, spacious office suites and conference rooms – the Incubator Building is the place to be for emerging companies.Jennifer Burke, Marketing and Communications Director, Genera Energy
Companies seeking entrance to the UTRF Business Incubator must meet the following criteria:
- The company must be for-profit.
- The company must be technology based.
- The company must have an affiliation with UT. Ideally, the products produced by the company would be based on UT intellectual property, or a research relationship is either in place or could be established with the university to generate new intellectual property.
*These criteria are mandatory and do not guarantee admittance. A review board must evaluate and approve all applications.
- Business Incubator Application
- Download Business Incubator Rate Sheet (PDF)
- Download Incubator Tenant Manual (PDF) (Currently under revision – August 2015)